Today I ran into a slew of interesting errors while working on my customer’s SharePoint 2010 instance. They reported they were receiving errors while trying to search for content on their sites. As is typical, searching had worked before, but was no longer working. For reference, the error when they used the little search box below the ribbon was none other than the obligatory useless standard SharePoint error message:
Last night I spent all evening (and well into the night) working on a fix for a customer. This customer was using the jQuery File Uploader control to upload pictures to their remote server that’s associated with a customer’s order. The upload control was not reflecting the upload status in the built-in progress-bar. It was immediately advancing to 100% and holding until the upload actually completed. After which point the user would be redirected to the appropriate destination page. This left the potential for users to become confused as to whether the browser was “locked up” and start clicking around and disrupting the upload process. The request was simple: fix the control to reflect the actual upload progress. What I encountered while trying to fix this solution was anything but simple.
I’ve been honored to have been selected to speak at three great conferences coming up later this Spring and Summer 2012. I wanted to post so those who follow my blog know about these great events that are a great value.
I’m running Zend Server Community Edition on Mac OS X. I attempted to install the PECL oAuth extension by using the simple command:
I had to recently re-install Wordpress. During the process, I didn’t (forgot to) reinstall the registration plugin that helped prevent bots from auto-creating accounts. This resulted in a large number of illegitimate accounts being created. I’ve purged all of these accounts. If I purged one of your accounts that was legit, I apologize and ask that you re-register.